Allergies Section Index Listing
The allergy section
is being gradually overhauled. This is a massive undertaking,
so I ask you to be understanding. Most of the links below will
still go to the old allergy section
First, check out my fab book DIET
It's my 1980s book "The Food Allergy Plan" 20 years on and with
Mechanisms of Allergy
Understand the many different mechanisms by which
an apparent "allergic reaction" can take place. You'll
- Chemical sensitivity. Some people are super-sensitive to pollution.
toxicity. Some metals are even more toxic than pesticides!
effects. Substances, including foods, can act like drugs
(for example caffeine)
- Enzyme deficiency.
Maybe the patient cannot handle that substance?
- Hidden or masked allergy.
Why allergies sometimes show up and yet sometimes the patient
can tolerate their allergen.
- Target Organs. Why allergies produce such a bewildering
variety of symptoms is answered by understanding that the
symptom is caused by the end-organ which fails, not the
- Cyclical and Fixed
allergies. Allergies can vary over time which causes
confusion. Very few allergies are fixed (usually the severe,
- Body load. One of the greatest principles in all of medicine
is "overload". The body only develops problems
when its ability to copy is surpassed. What factors can
cause overload and lead to symptoms?
- Threshold or Trigger values. Sometimes an allergy doesn't
react because there is below the "threshold" amount
to trigger a reaction. Allergies also summate and "add
up" to trouble!
- Individual biological variation. To make matters more
complicated everyone is different and bodies react in different
ways to the same insult.
- The Workings of The Immune System. This was the "original"
allergy story, before it all got complicated!
- Hypersensitivity. Different classical mechanisms and
how they work. Also that deadly subject of anaphylaxis!
- Leaky gut. A major theory of food allergy suggests that
food complexes are escaping into the blood which should
not be there, due to abnormal "leaky" conditions.
- Hans Selye's General Adaptation Syndrome is one of the
most brilliant insights into disease and applies especially
well to the allergy picture. You need to know this.
- Information and field mechanism.
Finally, if all that wasn't complicated enough, we have
now come to recognize that energy information fields (usually
on an electro-magnetic carrier wave) can transmit the effect
of an allergy, without the allergic substance being present.
Weird? But it's true and you need to read about this
Symptoms caused by allergy
If you have several symptoms on this table, the
likelihood is that your condition is caused by allergy, intolerance,
General information, including 3-levels of exclusion
Staying well (rotation diets)
Chemical clean up
Simple detox pathways
- electrical hypersensitivity: what is it?
- electrical pollution
- Earth energies
Test methods available
Conventional testing methods
Enzyme potentiated desensitization
infant death syndrome